Founded in 1964, St. Peter’s Episcopal School is an independent elementary school serving children ages 3 years old through 5th grade. Bolstered by the generous and enlightened ideals of the Episcopal Church, St. Peter’s provides a challenging educational program that prepares students for active participation in an ever-changing and highly-competitive world.
Entwined by a common purpose, St. Peter’s Episcopal School nurtures a love of learning, a joy of service, and a lively faith.
Hours of Operation
7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS)
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
Tennessee Association of Independent Schools (TAIS)
St. Peter’s is a school guided by the principles and practices of the Episcopal Church. As a religiously inclusive community founded on the cornerstone of Episcopal tradition, St. Peter’s welcomes families of all faiths.
Episcopal schools exist not only to educate but also to demonstrate and proclaim the unique worth of all human beings as creations of a loving God. As a member of the National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES), St. Peter’s adheres to the core principles that NAES upholds as truly distinctive to the Episcopal school identity. An Episcopal school commits to:
- School Worship that is creative, inclusive, and indicative of the liturgical resources of the Episcopal Church.
- Community Life that is reverent and respectful to all matters of the spirit and is actively cultivating intellectual development, physical well-being, and emotional health.
- Religious Formation and Study that is profound, academically substantive, insightful, and age-appropriate, and in concert with Episcopal tradition, is engaging in meaningful dialogues with other faith traditions.
- Social Justice that endorses equity, respect, and compassion as central human values, embraces and celebrates diversity, and promotes community service and service-learning as an integral part of its educational program.
Facilities and Campus Highlights
Located on 12 acres, the St. Peter’s campus features a beautiful facility that includes twelve large classrooms, all equipped with SMART board technology, computers, and iPads.
In addition to the classrooms, the facility includes designated spaces for enrichment learning:
- The Art Studio
- The Music Conservatory
- The Wonder Center for Reading, Research, and Creative Learning
- The Great Room (a large multi-use room with a stage)
- The Spanish Cultural Center
- Tucker’s Tipi (a 25-foot high, 22-foot wide outdoor classroom)
- Preschool and Junior Kindergarten Outdoor Exploration and Play Center
- Grade School Playground
- Destination Discovery Center (afterschool science enrichment program)
- Storm Athletics Field (includes an elementary track)
- St. Peter’s Post Office and General Store
- Organic Garden
- St. Peter’s Episcopal Church Chapel